Dynotec is looking for a Bridge Engineer, specifically with an Ohio P.E., ODOT Prequalification as a Level 2 Bridge Engineer, and at least 7-10 years of design experience on bridge projects in Ohio. This candidate will be based in our Columbus office and will manage ODOT and/or municipal transportation projects in coordination with project owners and sub consultants. Experience with and full understanding of ODOT standards and design criteria is crucial. The candidate will perform administrative duties including preparation and maintenance of project budgets and schedules as well as writing winning proposals.
As a team member, you will be providing bridge design/analysis and working on construction documents for our transportation clients. You will be generating and/or reviewing standard detailed drawings using CAD, design software, and engineering principles for specific portions of construction, maintenance, and planning of transportation projects throughout the State of Ohio. You will work both individually and as part of a team to assist in the coordination and preparation of construction documents and details related mainly to bridge replacement and rehabilitation.
Dynotec places tremendous value in hiring goal-oriented, proactive, self-confident individuals that are equally adept at working on their own and part of a team. Additionally, the right candidate will have no problems assessing work plans, adhering to time and budget constraints, communicating with clients on a consistent basis, and easily transitioning from project to project. Most importantly, the right candidate will prioritize Quality, Responsiveness, and Delivery.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of bridge design experience (7-10 years preferred)
- Ohio Professional Engineer license
- ODOT Prequalified Bridge Design Level 2
- Proficiency in MicroStation, Geopak, AutoCAD (AutoCAD Civil 3D is a plus)
- Knowledge of and proficiency with the use of ODOT design standards and criteria, including training in LRFD (Load Rating Factor Design)
- A clear passion for quality work products
- Devotion to responsiveness; clear and consistent client communication
- Driven by delivery … on time, on budget, and meeting client expectations
Salary and Benefits
Dynotec offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a retirement plan, paid vacation, and excellent health insurance. We take great pride in our employees by providing an environment that fosters professional development and a healthy work/life balance.