Dynotec is seeking a Construction Manager with demonstrated experience in managing construction for water and wastewater facilities and utility construction projects. This individual will be based in Columbus, OH, and will report directly to the Department Manager. Candidates shall have a B.S. in Engineering or Construction Management and be a licensed Professional Engineer or Certified Construction Manager (CCM). The selected candidate may manage multiple construction projects and oversee field engineers and on-site construction inspectors in the areas of water, wastewater, utilities, and general civil construction. Candidate should be familiar with the City of Columbus standards and City of Columbus Construction Materials & Specification (CMSC). The preferred candidate should be aggressive and have the experience and skills necessary to manage client relationships and interactions.
- Manage the overall construction on behalf of the owner as Owner’s Representative
- Responsible for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, information, contract) on multiple assignments
- Oversee the activities of contractors and subcontractors
- Resolves complex construction-related issues, disputes, and disagreements
- Build and maintain relationships among project owners and partnering firms
- Analyze and understand contract documents including plans and specifications
- Assist in the administration of project processes including submittals, RFIs, pay applications, and change management
- Excellent communication skills
- Travel between multiple construction sites may be required.
Required Qualifications / Skills
- B.S. Engineering or Construction Management
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Certified Construction Manager (CCM)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Previous Construction Management experience in water/wastewater, utilities, building construction, and related disciplines
Compensation and benefits structure will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.